About The Tot Spot
At our centre the staff are committed to developing themselves further professionally and encouraging the rest of the team to do so. We work hard at developing relationships with each other and understanding how we all work.
For us at The Tot Spot this is extremely important as we believe staff who are happy, fulfilled and committed with a direction feed this through to the children and their families.
- Purpose built private early learning facility
- Quality childcare and education
- Enrollment for children from birth to 6 years
- A creative, stimulating and educational learning environment
- An environment full of discovery and exploration with ample challenges.
- Over 80% of our staff are qualified early childhood teachers
- Low child/teacher ratios.
About the owner
Michelle, the centre owner is at the centre daily.
She has previously owned a childcare centre in Auckland and has a background in nursing. Michelle's entire nursing career has been in Paediatrics (children) Intensive Care.
She has spent the last 15 years at Starship with the majority of that holding the position of Clinical Charge Nurse in the Paediatric Intensive Care unit.
One aspect of her job that she loved was being part of the flight team which involved her flying in the Westpac Rescue Helicopter or on the Lifeflight plane to collect critically ill children from around NZ. She also flew a few international missions to retrieve critically ill NZ children from other countries.
Spending her days amongst "well, healthy" children brings her much joy and a sense of reality and satisfaction.